>

Difference Between Wirelles and Wired



Wireless networking is the easy way to set up a home network. If done correctly, it’s relatively secure and easy to operate. My network at home is a mix of wired and wireless network devices. The network hardware that stays in one place (such as my TiVo, desktop computers, and servers) are networked with cables. My laptops (one for work, one for fun) all use the wireless
network. Wireless makes it easier to move things around so that I’m not tied to my office. I can enjoy a nice day outside and still get my office work done.
Sometimes, too many wireless devices try to acces the network, and the quality of your network connection decreases

This is why my server is on the wired network. For large networks, a mix of wired and wireless computers is acceptable. For a small, home network, wireless is fine unless all your neighbors also have wireless — then things get pretty interesting! There are eight wireless access points within 150 feet of my home. Security in this sort of sit-
uation is very important, not only so that others don’t steal your bandwidth (and do things you might be blamed for), but also so that your devices don’t accidentally join other networks. Diagnosing this kind of a problem can leave you stumped for hours.

Related Posts by Categories





0 Responses